The VMJR Companies seeks to preserve, conserve and protect historical buildings and maintain their historical significance. We believe that historic buildings hold considerable character, which plays an exceptional role in their communities.
Our staff are experts in all facets of historic restoration; we can assist from conception and design to completion. Our experience is not limited when it comes to restoration; restoration is always unique and most of the time custom crafted to suit the time period; including anything from concrete, stone, masonry, terra cotta, copper flashings, slate roofing, ornamental architectural wood products, wood windows to historical lighting fixtures.
“We will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed”
-New York Times Editorial
Project experience - Buildings listed on the National Register of Historical Places:
• Albany, NY City Hall
• Old Washington County Courthouse, Salem, NY
• Emma Willard School Troy, NY
• West Hall, RPI, Troy, NY
• Delaware and Hudson Railroad Company Building, Albany, NY (SUNY Admin Building)
• New York State Capitol, Albany, NY
• Yaddo, Saratoga Springs, NY
• GE, Schenectady, NY
• Finch Pruyn, Glens Falls, NY
• Hyde Museum , Glens Falls, NY