The Hyde Gallery Addition and Alterations
Industrial / Institutional
Built in 1912 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Hyde House is home to a substantial collection of Master paintings and antique furnishings, all part of the fa-mous Hyde Collection Art Museum. Decades of exposure to the northeastern climate caused failure of the building’s stuc-co facade.
This portion of the project was preceded by the addition of 20,000 square feet to the Museum’s Education Center to pro-vide secure, atmospherically controlled space for receipt and shipment of exhibits and other special needs.
The expansion required relocation of mechanical systems and careful coordination to maintain security and fire protection systems. All work was accomplished with the Museum in full operation.